2023 FABRIC SHOPPE BATIK STRIP CONTEST
$5.00 Entry Fee
Contestants must be at least 18 years old
Each contestant will select two (2) Batik Strip Bundles, provided by the Fabric Shoppe, at the time of registration. Each bundle of fabric includes 21 strips, strips approximately 2.25”x20"
No substitutions for these fabrics will be allowed.
- Contestant will construct a project using each of the fabrics included in his/her selected bundles. Project may be a quilt, bag, garment, pillow or any sewn item. Be sure your project is very identifiable as it will be displayed and judged by the Fabric Shoppe’s customers. If they don’t know what it is, they probably won’t vote for it.
- Completed entries must include each of the 42 strips in the Batik Strip Bundles selected, which must make up at least 50% of the project. You may use any other fabric in addition to the 42 Batik strips. You may not substitute any fabrics for the 42 batik strips you selected. Each of those 42 strips must be represented in your project.
- Completed project can be any size, shape, or color. Contestants may use any sewing techniques in their project which includes but is not limited to quilting, applique, embroidery, machine or hand stitching, photo transfer, etc.
- All completed entries must be turned in to THE FABRIC SHOPPE no later than May 26, 2023.
First Place - $50 Fabric Shoppe Gift Certificate.Second Place - $25 Fabric Shoppe Gift Certificate.Third Place - $10 Fabric Shoppe Gift Certificate.
- Any project submitted without following all the rules above will be disqualified.
All entries will be displayed in THE FABRIC SHOPPE
June 1 – 30 Customers will vote for their favorite entry.
July 5 Winner will be announced via store email.
July 1 – 21 Winning Projects will be displayed in THE FABRIC SHOPPE.
All projects must be picked up no later than July 31, after which time they will become the property of The Fabric Shoppe.